Pages

Monday 1 March 2010

Men at work



Three words.

Just three words can send your heart racing and your head spinning.

No not those ones.

I meant 'working late tonight.'

When I hear those words my shoulders sink and I generally do a big sigh.

Then I dust myself down and throw myself headlong into the tea, bath, bed routine and hope that I come out the other side in one piece.

Obviously, I have the utmost respect for single parents who have no choice but to get on with it night after night.

But sometimes it's nice to have a helping hand with the homework ('just one more spelling darling'), the meal time ('just one more mouthful please'), the bath ('just five more minutes and then out'), and bedtime ('just one more page').

With The Boy working late on a regular basis, getting three to bed is quite a challenge, but I'm trying my best to nail it.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment