Pages

Saturday 13 February 2010

Are you sitting comfortably?


I only wish I was. As I type my first post, I have my gorgeous six week old daughter laying across my lap.

Why? Because the poor mite is suffering from the hell that is colic and this is the only position that she finds comfortable.

For the past few hours, I've swished her and swayed her, swaddled her and shooshed her, and now I'm sat in a shattered heap, lamenting another lost evening and wondering how on earth I'll get through The Night Shift.

She's my third child and for the sake of this blog, we'll call her The Goddess. And despite the lack of sleep and all the madness that goes with this parenting malarky, she's a very welcome addition to our family.

The Goddess, joins her brother, The Peaceful One (he's anything but) and her elder sister Minxy, her dad The Boy and our cat Batty (believe me she is).

In this dual-heritage, London-based home, life is far from dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment