Pages

Friday 26 February 2010

Mobile and hands free


Way hey! Today was all about freedom. And I had a tantilising taste.

I had a lunch date with my work friends. Going to lunch without children is a Big Deal. Going anywhere without children is a big deal.

For a start you can talk without without being interrupted, and go to the loo on your own. You can even walk. Really quickly. It's quite a revelation.

The only thing you can't quite do is relax. I mean really relax, like you used to pre-children.

You still eat a little bit too quickly and have your mobile clamped to the table. I was going to wear sparkly shoes but the trainers won the day, just in case I literally had to run back to the car to get the kids.

A friend was leaving work to travel for a year. Freedom and adventures await her in a myriad of countries. I was just happy to travel a mile up the road, let alone actually board a plane and fly off to a far and distant land.

For a moment I was my old perky self talking about everyday stuff and laughing out loud.

I felt part of the world again today and it was good.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm soo envious! I does feel a bit like you are missing a limb, but its such a treat to go out without the kids isn't it? Even if its just to pop round to the shops!

    ReplyDelete